The conference aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, industrials and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all topics related to the applications and the the development of Mössbauer spectroscopy.
We cordially invite you to participate in the 5th Mediterranean Conference on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect (MECAME) and 41st French speaking group of Mössbauer spectroscopy (GFSM) in honour of Jean-Claude Jumas (Institut Charles Gerhardt, CNRS, University of Montpellier, France).
MECAME 2019 is organized to celebrate life-long scientific contribution of Doctor Jean-Claude Jumas in the application of Mössbauer spectroscopy in various fields of Materials Chemistry, especially for his fundamental and industrial research in catalysis and new Li-ion batteries. He has developed the 57Fe, 119Sn and 121Sb Mössbauer spectroscopies in Montpellier and combined this technique with other experimental tools for the characterization of materials and the study of reaction mechanisms. He has been strongly involved in French speaking and international Mössbauer community.
The Conference will take place from 19 to 23 May, 2019 at Hotel Mercure Montpellier Centre Comédie, Montpellier, France.
For the first time MECAME and GFSM will both hold at the same place and at the same time in 2019. The aims of MECAME & GFSM 2019 are to present the results of new investigations and reviews of the applications of the Mössbauer effect in different fields of Science as well as promote collaboration and mutual understanding among researchers using Mössbauer spectroscopy and related techniques.
Young scientists and Ph.D. students are highly encouraged to participate in MECAME & GFSM 2019. To this end, Young Scientist Best oral and poster presentations will be selected and a special prize will be awarded to the best PhD thesis defended in one of the laboratories belonging to the GFSM.
- May 19: Registration, Welcome Reception
- May 20: Opening, Presentations, Poster Session
- May 21: Presentations, Poster Session
- May 22: Presentations, Conference Excursion and Dinner
- May 23: Presentations, Concluding Remarks, Departure
- Nanomaterials and Thin Films
- Magnetic and Optical Materials
- Inorganic, Organometallic and Coordination Chemistry
- Solid State Chemistry and Physics
- Materials Science and Industrial Applications
- Environmental Science and Catalysts
- Biological and Medical Applications
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Synchrotron Mössbauer Spectroscopy
MECAME & GFSM 2019 is organized on the occasion of Jean-Claude Jumas (Institut Charles Gerhardt, CNRS, Université de Montpellier, France) and his life-long scientific contributions in the application of Mössbauer spectroscopy in materials chemistry.
The Conference Proceedings will be published in the journal Hyperfine Interactions (published by Springer Nature). Invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations will be included in the Conference Proceedings. All manuscripts will be peer reviewed according to standard international procedures before being accepted for publication.
- 15 April 2019 Deadline for registration and abstract submission via website
- 1st May 2019 Deadline for payment of the registration fee
- 19-23 May 2019 MECAME & GFSM 2019 Montpellier